|Storm Front | 1996-1997
IS A DOUBLE CD FOR $10!
Compact Disk 1 - Jazz Ensemble I
- Dimensions In Blue (28.8k|56k)
- Elvin's Mambo (28.8k|56k)
- The Peacocks
- One In A Million (featuring Bobby
Shew, trumpet and flugelhorn)
- Storm Front- World Premier by J.
Michael Verta (soloing and conducting)
- You Can Have It (with Alexis Booth,
- Beyond The Limit
- Bye Bye Blackbird
- Angel Eyes (with Alexis Booth,
- Strike Up The Band
- A View From The Side
- Every Day I Have The Blues (with
Alexis Booth, vocalist)
Compact Disk 2
- Sunrise (Jazz Ensemble I)
- Serenade In Blue (Jazz Ensemble
- Dance of the Jackpine Savages (Jazz
- Brazil (Jazz Ensemble I)
- The Underlying Meaning (Doug
Rosenberg Jazz Quartet) (28.8k|56k)
- Here's The Band (Concert Jazz
- Four Brothers (Freshman Jazz
- Rite de Passage (Mike Verta solo
- Groove Merchant (Lab Jazz
- Front Burner (Freshman Jazz
- Blue Basket (Concert Jazz
- Summertime (Lab Jazz Ensemble)
order a CD, click
here. Cost is $12 per CD. Shipping and handling
is free to locations in the U.S.
Download the free RealPlayer to listen
to audio tracks.
All recordings were made with student engineers using the 32-track digital facilities
located in the Music Department.
is a student club
that teaches the techniques involved in recording live and studio
As a support facility to the New Trier Music Department, a
complete 32-track digital recording studio and MIDI-Lab is available for
students to use. All jazz ensembles, bands, choirs, and orchestras
regularly record using these facilities.
At New Trier, albums and concert
videotapes are regularly produced, and independent multimedia projects are often
undertaken by students.
All of the New Trier Jazz Ensembles have been
included on albums, tapes, or CDs annually produced by Sountraks since
Excerpts of audio recordings by New Trier's instrumental and vocal
ensembles can be downloaded at the New Trier Music Department web site.